Monthly Deliveries for Your Relationship
Discover new items for your relationship
How do you discover new items to breathe some new energy into your relationship? Here is the way!
There are many health benefits to a healthy sex life beyond the obvious. Here are a few you may not know!
1. Keeps our skin young and healthy. Sex increases blood circulation, which helps pump oxygen to our skin resulting in a brighter appearance—which explains that after-sex glow. Regular sexual engagement has prolonged effects in this regard and can actually make us look younger. Sex boosts our natural collagen production, which staves off age spots and sagging. So simply put, more wrinkles in the bed = fewer wrinkles on your face!
2. Boosts immunity. You know the old saying, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away"? Turns out there was a typo in that medical journal. It should have said, "Having sex once or twice a week increases levels of an antibody called immunoglobin A (that's the stuff that fights off colds and other infections), which really keeps the doctor away!" Deduction: more sex means a stronger immune system. And with all of those unused sick days, we can cash them out and use them as sex days. Now we're talking!
3. Gives us great hair. Hormones not only control our sex drives, but also the condition of our hair. Research has shown that a satisfying sex life results in healthy, lush hair due to the body's increased ability to receive and metabolize nutrients efficiently.
4. Produces healthy sperm. Several studies show that men who have frequent sexhave higher volumes of semen, a higher sperm count and a higher percentage of healthy sperm compared to men who have infrequent sex. This is good news for women, as research shows the absorption of semen helps them combat depression, boosts our energy and even helps them have a smoother delivery, if they're pregnant.
5. Reduces stress. Life is stressful. And while there are many proven ways to cure stress: daily exercise, evening glass of wine, bitch-fest with a BFF, morning meditation, a walk on the beach and so on—a good, old-fashioned sex session does the trick, too! Though blood pressure levels spike during the act itself, maintaining a healthy sex life helps us keep blood pressure and stress levels low.
6. Strenghtens nails. The same sex-triggered hormones that make your skin glow also make our nails strong, which means less splitting and breaking, and longer-lasting manicures.
7. Improves heart health. Want to live to 100? Sex can help! Research shows that men who have sex 2+ times per week have a lower risk of heart disease than those who have sex less than once a month.
8. Zaps zits. Say bye-bye to acne treatments and miracle pills! Sex balances our hormone levels, which results in clearer skin.
9. Keeps us hydrated. Sex improves circulation, so our blood flows more efficiently, which in turn gives our bodies the moisture they need to stay healthy. Furthermore, having sweaty sex can be like a facial for your skin, as sweat expels excess dirt from our pores.
10. Acts as a natural pain killer. Oxytocin, one of the chemicals released during sex, increases endorphins and decreases pain, particularly headaches. Sex also speeds up the healing of wounds, even stubborn sores like those suffered by diabetics.
11. Sheds pounds. While it may not be as productive at weight loss as more traditional cardio or strength training, we burn an average of 170 calories per hour of active sex, which is about a pound after 21 hour-long sessions.
12. Lowers our risk of cancer. Studies show that men who ejaculate 5+ times a week reduced their risk of prostate cancer by a third. Studies show that women who have frequent sex reduce their risk of breast cancer.
13. Fights cavities. Turns out that semen is chock-full of zinc, calcium and other tooth decay-fighting minerals that benefit us when our bodies absorb it.
14. Helps us sleep. The oxytocin released during orgasm helps us sleep deeper and better.
15. Strengthens our bond. Oxytocin is known as the "love hormone" because it helps people build trust and bond with one other. The more sex a couple has, the more oxytocin is exchanged and, by default, the more bonded they feel. Oxytocin increases feelings of generosity, too.
Let us send you or someone you love a box of foods, drinks, and other natural products to help achieve a healthy sex life.
Every month we hand select specific foods, drinks, herbs, vitamins that contain certain natural vitamins and chemical compounds that really do more to boost libido in humans – both men and women alike. Here are some of the ingredients in the items you will find inside the box.
1. Almonds. Contain zinc (testosterone production), selenium (antioxidant), and Vitamin E (reproductive health booster).
2. Apples. Contain quercetin a natural anti-inflammatory that helps boost prostate health (the seat of male sexual function).
3. Avocado. Full of Vitamin B6 which helps the human body make the sex-driving hormone testosterone in both men and women. It also is rich in Vitamin E, an antioxidant that specifically supports sexual function and reproductive health.
4. Bananas. Full of rich, natural sugars for energy, bananas also contain high levels of B6 which boosts testosterone production and energy. They also contain bufotenine, a mood-boosting compound and bromelain, a natural anti-inflammatory.
5. Beef. Rich in protein, B12, iron and zinc for stamina and hormone production. But go easy on the portions – it’s still chock full of animal fat too. Grill or broil to get rid of the excess fat.
6. Celery. Really? Yes, celery, that often passed-by vegetable in your produce bin. Celery contains androsterones which are natural male and female hormone precursors. They are responsible for pheromone production as well – that “certain something” you uniquely give off that attracts people to you. Eat them whole or use crushed celery seeds in your salads.
7. Chocolate. Preferably dark, chocolate contains a chemical called methylxanthine which stimulates dopamine (a sedative that lowers inhibitions much like wine) in the brain. It has been known to increase desire for physical contact and is why it has become the symbol for Valentine’s Day. It’s also why it’s eating was banned from monasteries hundreds of years ago.
8. Cinnamon. A spice used as an aphrodisiac for centuries, yet it’s only fairly recently that scientists have figured out why. Cinnamon’s scent somehow stimulates your attraction senses. Combining it with vanilla only strengthens its powers.
9. Eggs. Rich in protein, lutein, and B6 and B5 vitamins that help with hormone production and calm jangled nerves.
10. Figs. Long used in the ancient world as an aphrodisiac, figs contain certain amino acids (proteins) that are thought to stimulate hormone production and libido. Their natural sugars may also fuel sexual stamina.
11. Fish. Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids that help produce hormones and dampen inflammation throughout your body, including the vascular system of your reproductive glands.
12. Garlic. Contains a potent antioxidant allicin which decreases inflammation and improves blood flow to the reproductive organs.
13. Ginger. Also a blood mover, the Chinese have been using ginger for centuries to treat circulation problems. Erectile dysfunction is often caused by lack of blood supply to the arteries of the penis. Increasing blood flow to this area can help correct ED.
14. Oysters. Rich in zinc which helps boost testosterone production.
15. Sesame seeds. Also a good source of zinc which helps boost testosterone production.
16. Spinach. Rich in iron, magnesium and Vitamin C, also nixes xenoestrogens (environmental chemical hormones from pollutants, plastics, toxins) before they dampen sex drive.
17. Strawberries. Contain good amounts of antioxidant Vitamin C and zinc.
18. Sweet potatoes. Rich in Vitamin A which is thought to boost fertility, and potassium which helps erectile dysfunction.
19. Walnuts. Also rich in B vitamins and Omega-3 fats, recent research out of the University of California has shown that eating 75 grams of walnuts a day can boost sperm production in men. But the sex benefits are not just for men. They’re also rich in L-arginine, which helps boost nitric oxide that boosts a strong blood supply to the genital area to intensify orgasms.
20. Watermelon. Contains citrulline found in research to relax blood vessels enabling better blood flow. It helps make L-arginine which in turn creates nitric oxide that helps dilate blood vessels. Some researchers have dubbed it a “natural Viagra”. I don’t know that I would go that far, but it could help prevent erectile dysfunction where Viagra is a temporary cure for it.
21. Alisma. Alisma is used routinely by older men to help cleans the prostate gland and improve urinary function. Alisma is commonly used throughout Japan and China. Please note that if you have an infection or are unsure, see your doctor immediately.
22. Ashwagandha. Ashwagandha contains flavonoids and many active ingredients of the withanolide class. It is a shrub found in North American and India whose roots have been used for thousands of years by Ayurvedic practitioners, as an adaptogen. Several studies have shown Ashwagandha to have anti-anxiety and anti-depression effects,memory boosting ability,anti-inflammatory, antitumor, antistress, antioxidant, mind-boosting, and rejuvenating properties.
23. Catuaba. Catuaba has been used for centuries in herbal tonics and has been known to increase strength and reduce fatigue. It is a strong tonic and nervous system fortifier. It is one of the most famous Brazilian aphrodesiac plants, even having some Brazilian songs sung about it. Catuaba has also been used by men for in combination with Muira Puama for tonifying the male sexual and urinary organs, specifically as an aphrodisiac and for impotence. Other reported benefits from Catuaba include relieving insomnia from hypertension, restless sleeping patterns, and even in helping to arrest failing memory. It is said that regular consumption of Catuaba bark over a period of time leads first to erotic dreams, which are later followed by increased libido. Catuaba is considered an "innocent" aphrodisiac, meaning no adverse side effects have been reported in its use.
24. Cordyceps. Cordyceps is one of the primary herbal substances used in tonic herbalism as an anti-aging agent and for the purposes of rejuvenation. Cordyceps is used by many to strengthen the body and mind at a fundamental level. It is also a very powerful lung tonic, increasing respiratory capacity and efficiency. And, like other tonic mushrooms, Cordyceps is one of the most potent immune modulating agents known to mankind.
25. Cornus. Cornus is said to lock energy in and keep it there. Cornus is considered to be an aphrodisiac. When combined with other tonic herbs, Cornus becomes even more potent.
26. Cuscuta. Cuscuta is called an anti-aging herb. Cuscuta increase fertility and nourishes sperm. It is widely used to improve vision, nourish the sperm and marrow, strengthen bones and sinews and to improve sexual functions. Chinese pharmacopoeias list Cuscuta under aphrodesiacs.
27. Damiana. Damiana is Mexico's herbal version of Viagra and not only consumed by men, but women as well. The bittersweet leaves of this sexual shrub can be found in Mexico and Central America. They found that a cup of Damiana tea taken one or two hours before intercourse helped to immerse them in the sex act. That's one sweet tea!
28. Dimethylglycine DMG. Dimethylglycine DMG is a methyl doner....WHAT? A methyl donor is a substance that can transfer a methyl group to another substance. Methyl donors help in the production of several brain chemicals and hence have an influence on sexual enjoyment, mood, energy, wellbeing, alertness, concentration, and visual clarity. Vitamins, hormones, neurotransmitters, enzymes, nucleic acids (DNA and RNA), and antibodies depend on the transfer of methyl groups to complete their synthesis. Scientists suspect that proper methylation of DNA may prevent the expression of harmful genes, such as cancer genes. It’s quite likely that our body’s ability to methylate declines with age, contributing to the aging process, and therefore supplementation may well be beneficial.
29. Epimedium Sagittatum Extract. Epimedium Sagittatum Extract is more commonly called Horny Goat Weed. This chinese herb is often used as an aphrodisiac and aids in relieving sexual dysfunction. Epimedium Sagittatum Extract produces a warm, almost euphoric effect on the body.
30. Ginkgo Biloba. Ginkgo Biloba is found in highly potent seeds and leaves that improve blood circulation by relaxing and dilating blood vessels in the body. Ginkgo Biloba contain flavoglycosides and ginkgolides, which are complex chemical compounds. This provides the brain and extremities extra oxygen and nutrients, as well as the removal of cellular wastes.
31. Ginseng. Ginseng is an extremely popular dietary supplement that has been used for many years to help in normalizing blood sugars, such as in diabetes, stimulating immune function, and treating male impotence. Ginseng is widely used to improve general energy and vitality, particularly during times of fatigue or stress.
32. Hawthorn Berry. Hawthorn Berry has been used to help in normal heart function and circulatory system, they act in a normalizing way upon the heart by either stimulating or depressing its activity, depending on the need.
33. L-Arginine. L-Arginine in Men, improves blood flow to the genital area and gives erections that are harder, bigger, last longer and can be more frequent. In Women, causes a higher blood flow which makes the clitoral and vaginal tissues more sensitive and responsive to sexual stimulation. L-Arginine increases the possibility for women to reach orgasm. It is commonly used in Bodybuilding supplements and Sexual Stimulating Supplements.
34. Licorice Root. Licorice Root works on the bodies endocrin system. Two active components of this herb are triterpenes and glycyrrhizin. Glycyrrhizin is also known as glycyrrhizinic acid or glycyrrhizic. This acid deals with all kind of ulcers by stimulating the adrenal and lymph glands. It also helps to aid production of white blood cells. Triterpenes, which are similar to hormones produced by the adrenal cortex. Licorice Root also contains vitamins B complex, and E. It also has pantothenic acid, niacin, biotin, phosphorus, lecithin, manganese, iodine, chromium and zinc. Glycyrrhizin inhibits liver cell injury caused by hepatitis and many other harmful chemicals found in the body.
35. LongJack. Longjack (tongkai ali / eurycoma longifelio) - Natural Malaysian herb called "Asian Viagra™" in the New Sunday Times (May, 1999). This herb is now taking central position in discussions about natural herbs with aphrodesiac effects. The compelling research on longjack shows it as a natural and effective hormone booster. It naturally boosts testosterone levels and the Body Building world is buzzing about its "andro" effects.
36. Maca. Maca is sometimes called Amazon Ginseng and is closely related to the potato and the Mexican Wild Yam. Maca Root contains significant amounts of amino acids, complex carbohydrates, vitamins B1, B2, B12, C and E and minerals, including calcium, phosphorus, zinc, magnesium and iron. Maca Root is often used to increase energy, vitality, stamina and endurance in athletes, promote mental clarity, as an aphrodisiac for both men and women, for male impotence, menstrual irregularities and female hormone imbalances, including menopause.
37. Muira Pauma Extract. Muira Pauma Extract can be found as a tree growing in Brazil. Muira Pauma is used in many sexual stimulants. Commonly called " Potency Wood" or "Raiz del Macho" (Root of the Male), it's is pretty obvious why this is such a popular sexual additive. This powerful sexual health herb often exhibits distinct sexual stimulation in both sexes. This herb is influential in treating the symptoms of nervous problems and disorders, such as neurasthenia, neuralgia and nervous depression. It makes an excellent tonic for the nervous system. Also indicated for those with low energy levels but no particular organic or emotional problems, impotency, frigidity, general lassitude, poor sacral stimulation, cold hands and feet, menstrual cramps and PMS and is thought to fortify the stomach and intestines.
38. Peruvian Maca Root. Peruvian Maca Root works on men to restore them to a healthy functional status by increasing libido, improving sexual desire and performance, and enhancing your energy.
39. Pumpkin Seed. Pumpkin Seed contains an amino acid,Myosin. Myosin is known to be essential for muscular contractions. Pumpkin seed is commonly used to strengthen the prostate gland and promote male hormone function.
40. Sarsaparilla. Sarsaparilla can now be found all over the world. known commonly as Chinese Root, Sasparilla contains vitamins A, B complex, C and D, as well as iron, manganese, sodium, silicon, sulfur, copper, zinc and iodine. It has the amino acids menthionine and cystein. It also has a saponin called diosgenin, which contains the female hormone progesterone and the male hormone testosterone.
41. Saw Palmetto. Saw Pametto is a powerful berry used in many prostate health supplements. Saw Palmetto aids in prostate support; may help to decrease the conversion of testosterone into DHT (the chemical believed to be the cause of male pattern baldness).
42. Schisandra chinensis. Schisandra chinensis can be used by both men and women to increase sexual stamina along with increased release of sexual fluids. Schisandra has adaptogenic properties, helping the body adapt to stress. along with helping to improve irritability, mental clarity, concentration, forgetfulness and coordination.
43. Tribulus Terrestris. Tribulus Terrestris is found in a plant that is grown in more tropical parts of the world. Tribulus Terestris is a natural testosterone booster. Studies show that it works very well to increase sex drive in both men and women. It increases testosterone levels in a different way. Instead of being a testosterone precursor, it leads to the production of the luteinizing hormone (LH). When LH levels are increased, the natural production of testosterone also increases. LH is a hormone that also deals with sex drive.
44. Yohimbe. Yohimbe is known as an aphrodesiac and is originally from South America. This powerful little herb comes from the inner bark of the tropical West African tree Corynanthe Yohimbe. Yohimbe has been used for centuries in sexual herbal tonics. Not only does Yohimbe improve sexual functioning, it has also shown to elevate mood, reduce anxiety and depression, prevent heart attacks, helps building muscles, and has many other positive effect on overall health.
45. Xian Mao. Xian Mao is found in the South-Eastern part of India, Xian Mao is a safe and natural aphrodisiac used in Ayurvedic medicine and Chinese traditional medicine. It has been touted by some as a natural alternative to Viagra and is hailed for its many beneficial qualities.